Babies are such a joy to have in our lives. They are just so cute and they bring a lot of happiness and smiles to any household. Taking care of a baby can be tough but it is well worth it once you see his or her beautiful smile.
One of the challenges in taking care of a baby is that you have to constantly have to clean up after them. Babies can be really messy and oftentimes you end up facing spills and stains in your home because of them. Spilling baby food on your carpet can be one of the more common situations that homeowners face and this can indeed be tough for any inexperienced carpet owner.
If you are one of these homeowners who are not that good in cleaning baby food spills on your carpet, take a read at the useful guide below to help you in restoring the condition and appearance of your carpet in no time.
- Using a clean spoon, try to slowly extract the spilled baby food on the carpet. Do this slowly so that you will avoid spreading the spill over a wider area on the carpet. Also take some paper towels and blot the affected area to help remove the liquid particles which cannot be removed using the spoon.
- Take a teaspoon of white vinegar and then add it to a cup of warm water in order to prepare a cleaning agent that will help you to get rid of the baby food stain. Place this in an empty spray bottle and then take it with you to where you accidentally spilled the baby food.
- Use the spray bottle to apply some of the cleaning solution you have made on the baby food stain on your carpet. Allow a few seconds to let the cleaning solution soak the stain and then use a clean white cloth to again blot the stained area repeatedly.
- Repeat the previous step as often as necessary until you are able to completely eliminate the ugly baby food stain. This is going to take several attempts but soon your carpet will be nice and clean once more.
- To finish off the job rinse the area where the baby food stain used to be using a cup of room temperature water to help remove the residue that could stay behind. Dry it off using a clean towel and then you’re done.